Rev. Tami Spires, Ilah Batley, Jack Garneau and Neil Burns surround a granite monument they dedicated on July 21st on the site of the erstwhile Island Brook United Church. Erected in 1870 as a Methodist church, the building was a United church from 1925 to 2015. It was disassembled in 2016. The monument bears an etching of the former church, and is surrounded by large granite blocks which were part of the church’s original foundation.